The 5th annual Elysian Heights 5K Run/Walk brings together the community and highlights our focus on health and wellness. This event is funded through donations, and 15% of all funds raised will be donated to the American Lung Association. It is free to participate in the Run/Walk, but anyone who wishes to receive a medal and t-shirt needs to make a tax deductible donation. A few years ago, the school was devastated by the death of Donnovan Castellanos, one of our 4th graders. In tribute to Donnovan, who loved the 5K, the Run/Walk is now called Donnovan’s Run.
Special thanks to our contributing author, Dove Williams, 5th Grade student.
- The 5k Run/Walk starts at the Elysian Heights Elementary School playground.
- Online Registration: Ends on March 9, 2018
- Suggested Donation (free t-shirt): $25.00
- T-shirt, medal, and bib number will be provided only while supplies last.
- Late registration/donation on the day of the event will be at the Elysian Heights Covered lunch area.
Race Day Agenda
- On Site Registration: 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM
- Warm Up/Stretch: 8:00 AM – 8:15 AM
- Group Picture: 8:15 AM – 8:30 AM
- Race Start Time: 8:30 AM
- Race Finish Time: 10:00 AM
- Cleanup: 10:30 AM
See the rough map below: